Fished some ocean wrecks yesterday for togs w/ Jody, Wally and Ricky, but all we could catch were large seabass. Sea conditions were decent so we ran out to the southern wall of the Norfolk Canyon. Wally and Ricky both got blueline tile over 10lbs and Ricky caught a nice 27″ flounder in 550ft of water
Tough day for us at OI. No BFT for us. Spent most of the day trolling with no luck. Should have jigged marks we saw in the morning. Had to come in early to fix the truck brake line that busted when we put the boat in the water. Will try again.
- 2014 PSWSFA Angler of the Year
- 1st Place Triple Threat Tournament 162″
- 2nd Place Striped Bass Tournament 48lbs 1 oz
- 1st Place Annual Tournament – Amberjack 62″, Blackbelly Rose Fish 16″, Bluefish 37″, Channel Bass 54.5″, Grouper 24.5″, Shark 132″ and Spot 10.5″
- 1st Place Annual Tournament – Flounder 30″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Tautog 30.5″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Grouper 23″
- George C. Robertson Memorial Trophy
- Release Tournament – White Marlin 74″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Channel Bass 52″
Video of the 2014 Season:
1-2-2014 – Was going to try to run offshore for deep dropping but the weather changed for the worse. So, ran over off the Eastern Shore with Wally to eel for rockfish. Started off good with the first bite by 0830, but the hook pulled. Fished with 8/0 circle hooks. Landed the second bite, for a 47″ release citation. Wally got a 49″ release citation right at the end of the day. Not a great record with six bites total and only two fish landed, but got a couple citations to start the 2015 season.
December 5, 2014 – Drifted eels off Old Plantation Light from 2pm until dark for rockfish w/ Davie, Wally, Jody and Ricky. Marked bait and fish, but no bites. Anchored at the HR and fished both the incoming and outgoing tide until 2am w/ no bites. Marked bait at the HR.