Fished the Norfolk Canyon area yesterday with Davie and Wally. Got several mahi, a couple nice Golden Tile and several small tuna that were released. Nice ride out and back.
Fished offshore today with Davie, Wally, Jody and Mark. Nothing at the Navy Buoys at sunrise. Got a half dozen mahi at the Norfolk Canyon. Tried one golden tile spot with no luck. Ran the 100-line just looking to the Washington Canyon. Trolled around the Washington and got a few more mahi. Using very light leaders went 0/2 on YFT at the Washington using mahi for chunks/bait. Released a 96 inch brown shark after a pretty good battle (looks like a dusky).
Fished the Norfolk Canyon yesterday with Davie and Wally. Fishing was very slow for us. Very little life on the Canyon yesterday, no sign of Marlin or tuna Got seven mahi. Tried deep dropping and Wally got one Blueline Tile off a prior grouper hole. Strong current all day made deep dropping difficult. Nice ride out and back in. Got back in just before the heavy rain and lightning.
Fished the Norfolk Canyon area with Wally, John and David on 6/20/15. Got some really nice dolphin early in the morning and late in the afternoon. No tuna, went 0/2 on marlin, had a white and a blue marlin briefly hooked. Got a good catch of Blueline tiles around mid day with citations for the crew. Dodged thunderstorms on the way out and on the way back in.
Fished some ocean wrecks yesterday for togs w/ Jody, Wally and Ricky, but all we could catch were large seabass. Sea conditions were decent so we ran out to the southern wall of the Norfolk Canyon. Wally and Ricky both got blueline tile over 10lbs and Ricky caught a nice 27″ flounder in 550ft of water
Tough day for us at OI. No BFT for us. Spent most of the day trolling with no luck. Should have jigged marks we saw in the morning. Had to come in early to fix the truck brake line that busted when we put the boat in the water. Will try again.
- 2014 PSWSFA Angler of the Year
- 1st Place Triple Threat Tournament 162″
- 2nd Place Striped Bass Tournament 48lbs 1 oz
- 1st Place Annual Tournament – Amberjack 62″, Blackbelly Rose Fish 16″, Bluefish 37″, Channel Bass 54.5″, Grouper 24.5″, Shark 132″ and Spot 10.5″
- 1st Place Annual Tournament – Flounder 30″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Tautog 30.5″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Grouper 23″
- George C. Robertson Memorial Trophy
- Release Tournament – White Marlin 74″
- 2nd Place Annual Tournament – Channel Bass 52″